Saturday, July 19, 2008

Blog: Fireworks Thoughts


Make a post to your blog answering the following questions: what do you think of Fireworks so far? What are the most interesting uses you can think of for it? How do you plan to put it to use for your "real" site(s)?


Fireworks is frustrating! I worked on my other class this week, since I thought this assignment in Fireworks looked similar to what I have been doing in Adobe Photoshop. Moosetake! I had issues getting Fireworks to work properly and couldn't save my selection. I still can't do it and receive an error when I try. I spent a lot of time messing around with that.

Fireworks seems like a very useful tool for altering free Dreamweaver templates, resizing images and altering digital pictures. I plan on using Fireworks to alter and resize my images for my "real" site. It seems like there is a lot more to Fireworks than what we have done so far, so I'm sure I'll have a better answer for this question soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fireworks and Photoshop have some overlap in the tasks that they can do, but completely different origins-- so Photoshop knowledge can be both a positive and a negative in getting used to the way Fireworks does things...

That being said, there are quite a number of *web-oriented* operations that Fireworks does much more simply and quickly than Photoshop, and it integrates directly with DW in ways that Photoshop cannot. But for serious bitmap based editing (photos), nothing really compares to Photoshop!