Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Blog: Bitmap vs Vector Tools

1) Have you worked with other graphics tools? If so, what were they? Were you working with bitmap or vector tools (or both?).

I have only played around with PSE 4.0 and that was only to modify my pictures for scrapbooking.

2) Point us to three images on the web that have caught your attention or that you feel are noteworthy. Since they are being displayed on the web, you are seeing a bitmap version, but what kind of tools do you think were used to create each image (bitmap or vector or both?) and why?

I did a google on vector images, since I wanted to see what could be done. Here is one that does look very cool and is by "Cris Vector". http://www.vectorvault.com/2008/07/20/incredible-vector-art-portfolio-cristiano-siqueira/

If I was guessing if it was vector or not...the amounts of different textures that he is using and colors.

Here is a cool picture from flickr. I know it is a bitmap, otherwise known as raster image, since it is most likely a digital picture. http://www.flickr.com/photos/97968921@N00/2677899048/

Just because I think these would make cool rubber stamps. I wonder...are rubber stamps made from vector images? Hmmm....http://www.vecteezy.com/vf/453-Ornaments-Vector-pack

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That really is an amazing photo-- I'd like to know how he achieved that color and feel-- just color manipulation or maybe HDR?

At any rate, the other two sites are definitely vector-based... that Cris Vector image is pretty amazing. I wonder if that was created with some 3-D modeling tool?

Rubber stamp images are, unless scanned, usually created with a vector program and textures (in my experience)... though I prefer making rubber stamps the old fashioned way :)