Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Reflection #1 - Publishing

1) What did you find most difficult about completing the "first published pages" assignment?
My most shocking thing was that it was due today! For some reason I thought I had until Friday. I also wanted to tweak the pages and play around with it--stay focused Amy. Soccer is going on and we were almost late! Lesson learned: Have to be sure to watch the due dates and not play around with other things....

2) What has surprised you (in a good or a bad way... or both) about Dreamweaver?
Dreamweaver has an interface that is quite similar to Eclipse. That has made it pretty easy for me *so far*. No reason to jinx myself here and have everything go downhill.

3) What has surprised you (in a good or a bad way... or both) about this course?
I cannot find out exactly where my "web space support area/help pages" are! Geesh. I'm wondering if I even have it, since I'm using the class web server. However, there should be documentation somewhere.... Okay. Realizing that I need a "surprise" here and I can't think of one. I was happily surprised with the broken XHTML code--it was fun to figure that out. Another thing is the web development vocabulary. That will take some practice.

1 comment:

Pipa said...

Hi Amy! Nice to meet you. I can so relate to your busy world of kids and then life... I had a late start too with the homework and am putting extra effort to be aware of the deadlines. I have never had any web experience and the broken link assignment was a bit frustrating for me but when I saw that green bar with the word "valid", I was clapping...
Just wanted to say Hi! -Pipa