Friday, June 27, 2008

Posting digital pictures on the web...

I ran my site through QuickScan (which I found off of the "GifWizard" link that I mentioned in my previous post. I discovered how slow my site will load on a 56k modem! And I discovered that I really need to optimize my images...sigh, more work. Of course, they wanted to charge me to do that. I being the total cheapskate that I am, found a different place.

Free Image Optimizer

Very easy to use and I'll have to work on getting my images updated. It probably won't be done until tonight, since the kiddos are trashing the house as I type.

I also discovered a good image optimization explanation here.

1 comment:

Pipa said...

I wonder if fireworks has an optimizer. I have not played with the program yet. I use photoshop to optimize my pictures. But then we will learn fireworks so it may be good to just open it to see. I only accidentally opened mine when I had to edit picture that I converted to png but have yet to play with it. I wouldn't be surprised if you can optimize via fireworks. BTW, thanks for templates tip. I'll check it out and let you know.